All the Seasons

Seasonal quilts are definitely my thing and I am so happy I have decided to focus on them. One year, I had this great idea to make a seasonal calendar quilt. It is a little hard to see from the picture, but there is a button in the center of the plaid quilt where you can hang a smaller quilted square with a seasonal picture. I made one for each month of the year. This sold to a neighbor before I could even take it to the art fair. While some of the applique designs were from magazines, the internet etc, some were mine as was the sizing.


When I first learned to quilt, I sold small quilt and craft items at a craft store. These simple wallhangings were some of my first seasonal quilts. As we approach the beginning of a new year, it is always fun to look back at where you started and the ideas you had.




Comments