Snow and More Snow

Winter in Wisconsin. One thing that is guaranteed is that we will get snow. How much is up for grabs, but we will get snow. All the way through April this year. I promise, this is my last "snow" post!

This winter we did get much snow. There was a good couple of inches in time for a white Christmas, but that melted and has been long gone. Until this week that is.


A beautiful, fluffy snow fell last weekend - 6 inches worth. Sunday was the perfect day to shovel. Clear blue skies, sunny, exhilarating! And the snow was light. Shoveling went so well I even took a walk afterward.

More snow fell on Monday. More fell yesterday. More is coming by the end of the week. Enough from all that we will have at least 10 inches of snow or more by Saturday. Ok, it is still pretty, but I really like it when it falls on the weekend and I don't have to drive to work in it!

The snow is such a beautiful backdrop for the trees. Evergreens have snow dotted branches. Deciduous trees look striking against the sky. Moonlight reflects off the snow and everything looks so peaceful and clean.

Definitely the inspiration for my Winter Evergreen quilt!


The pattern is available on my Etsy shop.